Teesside Trail Riders

Find us on facebook: Teesside Trail Riders, The Golden Jubilee, Healaugh Park, Yarm, Cleveland, TS15 9XN

Latest topics

» Find us on Facebook
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:31 am by Admin

» Next meeting August
Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 am by Admin

» Monthy Meeting May
Tue May 12, 2015 7:21 pm by rikidooos

» Track near Blakey Lion- Do Not Use. Permissive rights withdrawn.
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:21 am by rikidooos

» Supreme Court rules against Dorset County Council in rights of way dispute
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm by rikidooos

» KTM-IGNITION-LOCK-TANK-PLUG-KEYS
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 pm by rikidooos

» Round 1 of the 2015 NE-XC 29th March. Great Ayton
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:38 am by rikidooos

» DEADMANS HILL
Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm by Rod

» New member just joined
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am by 2wheeldiver

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

surfndirt

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Post  surfndirt on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 am

Hey People,

Thought I'd join this forum to get an idea of what Enduro riding is like in the North East.

I am originally from Saltburn, grew up BMX racing and surfing there and then moved meself to Oz at the tender age of 26. Started riding dirt bikes about 3 years ago round here (I'm now 32). I'm really keen to see what the scene is like back home ay.

Thought it may be nice to share comparisons on riding areas, length of drive to get to good places, costs of equipment etc etc.

I was back for a holiday in May / June this year and was askin around the lads in the pub in Saltburn, everyone seems to know someone who now rides enduro but none actually rode themselves. Seems there are plenty of good spots round that way....

We ride out of the western suburbs of Melbourne, big crew of blokes that ride every weekend. Some spots you may find interesting to look up are; Greendale, Vic; Smythesdale, Vic, Elaine, Vic. Same rules as everywhere else here - fire roads only, all single trail in national parks in illegal. Having said that, these parks are so big that you would have to be very unlucky - hence, it's single trail all the way!

Most places are approx 1hr from the CBD. We have a recreational registration system in VIC for dirt bikes which is $70 bucks a year.

Most people drive ute's and bang the bike on the back.

I'm currently running a 2011 KTM 250exc - cost me $9000 and that was a one in a lifetime deal, normally $12k.

Cheers for now fellas....
    rikidooos
    Admin

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Post  rikidooos on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 am

It sounds great on the other side of the world!

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm