Teesside Trail Riders

Find us on facebook: Teesside Trail Riders, The Golden Jubilee, Healaugh Park, Yarm, Cleveland, TS15 9XN

Latest topics

» Find us on Facebook
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:31 am by Admin

» Next meeting August
Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 am by Admin

» Monthy Meeting May
Tue May 12, 2015 7:21 pm by rikidooos

» Track near Blakey Lion- Do Not Use. Permissive rights withdrawn.
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:21 am by rikidooos

» Supreme Court rules against Dorset County Council in rights of way dispute
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm by rikidooos

» KTM-IGNITION-LOCK-TANK-PLUG-KEYS
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 pm by rikidooos

» Round 1 of the 2015 NE-XC 29th March. Great Ayton
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:38 am by rikidooos

» DEADMANS HILL
Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm by Rod

» New member just joined
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am by 2wheeldiver

Lane repair SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY from 9.30 onwards:Mill Lane REf : 4539 50006

Robinsonjm
    Admin

Lane repair SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY from 9.30 onwards:Mill Lane REf : 4539 50006

Post  Robinsonjm on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:41 pm

[/b]If you can spare Two hours of your time then bring along a spade and help repair this lane which is badly rutted and needs the drainage improving.
    Mill Lane is situated off the road leading from Lord Stones Cafe( at the top of Charlton Bank )to Chop Gate at Raisdale Mill.
    This road can also be accessed from Chop Gate via Stokesley/Great Broughton/ or Helmsley.
    Meet on the lane at any time after 9.30 .You will be allocated a group and a section to work on.Once you have finished you are free to leave or join another group.
    Please be careful where you park.Do not use the entrance to Raisdale Mill.Park on the narrow main road without obstructing it.
    Thanks.

Miff

Re: Lane repair SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY from 9.30 onwards:Mill Lane REf : 4539 50006

Post  Miff on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Cheers for organising this John, I hope the work we did will be appreciated by all the users of the lane.

Can I suggest for the next time we agree HOW the work will be done ?

Threre seems to be some disagreement about whether to fill drains with rocks, or leave holes, whether to cut existing turf to use as a new surface, or leave the turf as a solid base.

It seems that at Lonwa and Mill lane that people were re-working some areas already completed.

All work was an improvement, I always stop on repaired lanes to point out the work we have done

cheers all

Graham (Miff)

Robinsonjm
    Admin

Mill Lane

Post  Robinsonjm on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:48 pm

[b]Cheers Graham,As you know these repairs are had hoc affairs.I was directing operations until I had to leave ,to attend my Grand daughter's Birthday Party.Normally I would have been there to supervise all day but I did not arrange the date.
    It is difficult to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet.I was only too glad a few valued members turned up.
    Ten others put their hands up but did not show.
    You have to give the members some degree of freedom in what they would like to do.
    The idea is to show a presence on the Lane, to let the locals know we care enough to give up some of our time ,to tidying up the Lane.
    The task of repairing the entire Lane is enormous(unachieveable)so every little helps.
    If you fancy co-ordinating our next effort please feel free to volunteer.Any expertise is welcome.
    I have done Lane repairs for the last ten years ,officially and unofficially,because I am passionate about keeping these "sensitive Lanes" open.I am also embarrassed about the mess some riders leave and I feel compelled to keep at least one line ,on these Lanes, clear for Walkers ,in order to off-set any complaints.
    Now the NYCC Highways are formulating a points system which will lead to closures of Lanes ,like Mill Lane,if we do not become proactive it is more important to make a real effort.
    Thanks to all who turned up.
    Hope some more members develop a conscience before the next repair.
    rikidooos
    Admin

Re: Lane repair SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY from 9.30 onwards:Mill Lane REf : 4539 50006

Post  rikidooos on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:26 pm

I have to say the lane repair seemed to work well today even if it was cold & snowing. The ride home was chilly!

The other side of the lane is looking like it will need some repair work now as some big bike swallowing ruts have appeared. As you climb up the hill and go through the drystone wall half way up the track is tricky to say the least. I was a little nervous on my own today as I thought I might of become stuck. I did have to get of push and lift to get up.

We could have another working party next month to repair the other side. It was a big job today made easy with many hands on spades.

[img][/img]
    rikidooos
    Admin

Post  rikidooos on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Serious Rutting & Water Damage

[img][/img]

The lads getting stuck in
    [img][/img]

Diverting the main stream and adding a cross drain

Dave all the way from Leeds. Dave made an 80 mile round trip to help with the lane repair. He put the local lads to shame that didn't bother to help.

Miff

Post  Miff on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Robinsonjm wrote:[b]......Any expertise is welcome........

Unfortunately I have no expertise John, I just do as I'm asked in these matters.

Thanks again for organising these repairs, I too hope the locals appreciate the effort.

bigmark68

Post  bigmark68 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Sorry I was unavailable for this one (a pre-arranged ride on Saturday and then a boozy 40th Birthday party on the Saturday night) but it look's like the usal hardcore + a few new faces did the club proud. Very Happy

Bigmark

Robinsonjm
    Admin

Thanks

Post  Robinsonjm on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Miff wrote:
    Robinsonjm wrote:[b]......Any expertise is welcome........

Unfortunately I have no expertise John, I just do as I'm asked in these matters.

Thanks again for organising these repairs, I too hope the locals appreciate the effort.

Thanks for turning up.Another guy with a long round trip!!John.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 pm