Teesside Trail Riders

Find us on facebook: Teesside Trail Riders, The Golden Jubilee, Healaugh Park, Yarm, Cleveland, TS15 9XN

Latest topics

» Find us on Facebook
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:31 am by Admin

» Next meeting August
Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 am by Admin

» Monthy Meeting May
Tue May 12, 2015 7:21 pm by rikidooos

» Track near Blakey Lion- Do Not Use. Permissive rights withdrawn.
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:21 am by rikidooos

» Supreme Court rules against Dorset County Council in rights of way dispute
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm by rikidooos

» KTM-IGNITION-LOCK-TANK-PLUG-KEYS
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 pm by rikidooos

» Round 1 of the 2015 NE-XC 29th March. Great Ayton
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:38 am by rikidooos

» DEADMANS HILL
Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm by Rod

» New member just joined
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am by 2wheeldiver

BBC Countryfile

petergj

BBC Countryfile

Post  petergj on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Did anyone see BBC Countryfile tonight - section on off-roading centred around the Peak District and an interview with Jack Knight. I thought Jack did a good job of defending the TRF - better than the interviews with some 4x4 drivers. The programme in on BBC iPlayer if you want to view it. Cheers,
    rikidooos
    Admin

Re: BBC Countryfile

Post  rikidooos on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:02 am

Watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wstlg/Countryfile_12_12_2010/

Fast forward to 18 min at it starts there.

The TRF man was a very good representative. He handled the interview brilliantly. It's a shame they spent so much time using the video's from the of road site, trying to show damage is caused by 4 wheel drives.

Miff

Post  Miff on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 pm

aye, it was a good balanced report, shame about the kids in souped up 4x4's, churning up the mud for fun. at least they pointed out it was a farmer's field by permission.

There was a good emphasis on the the trouble only being caused by the illegals, and it was John Cravens parting shot.

10/10 for the TRF Guy !
    Rod

Post  Rod on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Theres been a massive reaction on the Countryfile Forum

http://www.countryfile.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

petergj

Post  petergj on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Not sure if there is any coincidence but Julia Bradbury (one of Countryfile's co-presenters) is the President of the Friends of the Peak District and Campaign to Protect Rural England, Peak District & South. Additionally she became President of the Ramblers in April 2010! Would be interesting to hear her views on the program.
    Rod

Post  Rod on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 am

What an opportune time for this programe to be aired [for the antis that is] just as the powers that be are trying to get one of the best BOATs in the area, Chaplegate closed by TRO.

Quite a few of you guys have ridden this testing lane with me on our trips to the area, so any help in objecting to this TRO would be much appreciated.

Will try to sort out a link for information to object, unless Rikidoos can help me out on this as I struggle with this sort of thing.

Cheers

Rod

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 am

Rod

Post  Rod on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks to ADMIN for that link, the link below might shed a bit more light on it.

http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22705

My avatar is on part of Chaplegate.
    rikidooos
    Admin

Lifted from national forum

Post  rikidooos on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Please email or write to object to the proposed temporary 18 months TRO on Chapelgate by 28th Jan 2011.

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/chapelgate-statement.pdf

My views:
    Whilst Chapelgate is in a very poor state of repair I enjoy the challenge of riding it. If the lane is going to be repaired then I would not object to it being closed for the month or two that it would take. I do object to it being closed both before and after the repair.
    The damage to Chapelgate has been caused by water erosion. Totally inadequate reairs were done a few years ago and winter storms have continued to damage the lane. Vehicle use will have negible affect on the lane as it is at the moment.
    The main reason stated for a temp. tro is the" wildness, remoteness and associated tranquillity". I believe this is not a valid reason for closing a BOAT which has been in use for over 50yrs. There are many other rights of way in the area where people can experience the above. Please bear in mind that there are tarmac roads at each end of the lane which pass through similiar "wildness, remoteness and associated tranquillity".
    It could also be pointed out that DCC are trying to stop vehicle access to over 20 lanes and by doing so are causing more vehicles to use the smaller number of legal lanes that are available.

santa

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm